Thursday, April 28, 2005

Lesson 4 - Part II

Hard ... harder ... hardest was the tone of the day. Too many bols on the Dagga. It's difficult to keep up.

No new bols, it's just the thekas that got complicated. There are seven thekas, and then you play the first with any of the rest

KaTa DeGhe NaaGe
KaTa KaTa KaTa
KaTa TeTe TeTe
KaTa DeGhe TeTe
KaTa DeGhe DeDhe
KaTa DeGhe TaGa
KaTa GheNa NaGhe

so, now you can play things like

KaTa KaTa KaTa KaTa DeGhe NaaGe
KaTa KaTa KaTa KaTa DeGhe NaaGe

KaTa TeTe TeTe KaTa DeGhe NaaGe
KaTa TeTe TeTe KaTa DeGhe NaaGe

and so on for the rest of the four also. The problem is with the repeated DeGhe. The left hand doesn't move a lot. I also realized that I need to make sure that my nails on my left hand's middle and index finger need to be properly trimmed. Otherwise, it hurts as well as messes up the Dagga skin. I think I can already see a small scratch on mine.

This doesn't sound very good because it's mostly flat sounds and I can't play as fast as I would like to. But, I'm getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home